Tribute to Teachers on World Teachers Day celebration
World Teachers’ Day Tribute
My journey in life has taught me that teachers are not just transmitters of knowledge, but true architects of destiny. Having sat for WAEC many times, faced with the struggles of subject combinations, financial constraints, and repeated setbacks, it was through persistence and the silent inspiration drawn from the teaching profession that I found my footing. The road was not easy—at first, only 5 passes, later 5 credits but without English, and eventually, with seriousness and vigor, the breakthrough result that opened the door to the University to study Mathematics Education.
Initially, I never thought teaching would be my calling. Yet, by divine arrangement, I found myself in the civil service, posted to Unity Secondary School, trained as an Inspector of Education. What I once wanted to run away from became the very platform for my fulfillment and service to humanity. Truly, God knows how to guide us into our purpose.
As we mark this year’s World Teachers’ Day, I proudly celebrate the noble men and women who light the path of society. Teachers are:
Nation builders, molding the young minds that become tomorrow’s leaders.
Mentors, whose words of encouragement ignite confidence even in the most discouraged learner.
Silent heroes, whose impact is not always rewarded in gold or silver, but whose legacies live in the success stories of their students.
Torchbearers of knowledge, planting seeds of greatness in classrooms that blossom far beyond the walls of schools.
To every teacher, your patience, sacrifice, and resilience remain the unseen force shaping generations. With my life’s journey, I can boldly say: teachers are the bridges over which destinies cross to greatness.
Happy World Teachers’ Day!
---
Comments
Post a Comment